The Chinese Canadian Museum Society of British Columbia is a newly formed not-for-profit Society. Our Vision is a society inspired and transformed across generations. Our Mission is connecting to the Chinese Canadian story, addressing inclusion for all.
The Marketing and Communications Assistant will support diverse communications and development functions for the new Chinese Canadian Museum. This position supports implementation of the museum’s marketing and communications, fundraising, and membership.
• Support development and implementation of outreach strategies including communications, marketing and promotions, social media, and to support membership recruitment and retention
• Write, edit, and coordinate written and graphic content for the CCM’s social media platforms, newsletter, and other communications as needed
• Create/edit short-format videos for social media (i.e. TikTok, Instagram Reels)
• Review social media analytics reports and suggest ways to increase engagement.
• Support preparation of media releases and solicitation of media coverage.
• Ensure consistency of brand guidelines across media channels and formats
• Capture audiovisual (photographs, videos, audio) during programs and special events to later edit for digital channels.
• Relevant field of study in Marketing and Communications, Public Relations, Digital Arts or other related fields.
• Familiarity with social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc)
• Knowledge or interest in photography and/or videography
• Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
• Keen to learn about and share Chinese Canadian history and culture
• Able to work independently with a positive “can-do” attitude
• Communicative and reliable problem-solver
• Works well autonomously, and in a team.
• Is well-organized, attentive to details, and able to meet deadlines.
Preference may be given to proponents with any of the following:
• Knowledge of one or more Chinese languages
• Experience with graphic design software (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere) and photography is an asset
• Interest or experience in drawing/animation an asset
This position is a full-time temporary appointment for 12 weeks. The term of the position is subject to funding from Young Canada Works.
The hourly compensation for this position is $22.00 / hour, plus %8 in lieu of benefits.
Candidates must apply through the Young Canada Works website by creating a profile and submitting a CV. Start and end date is flexible within the summer. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please direct any questions to Sophie Yamauchi by emailing Secretariat@chinesecanadianmuseum.ca.
**Before applying, please ensure that you meet the following Young Canada Works eligibility requirements.**
• Is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible);
• Is legally entitled to work in Canada;
• Will be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• Is willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
• Will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) during the Young Canada Works (YCW) work assignment;
• Has been a full-time high school, college, CEGEP or university student (as defined by their educational institution) in the semester preceding the YCW work assignment;
• Intends to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW work assignment;