The Rooms is an innovative, culturally relevant institution that represents and showcases Newfoundland and Labrador to itself and to the world, and brings the wider world to its doorstep. It is home to the province’s archives, art gallery, and museum.
The Art Gallery Administrative and Digitization Assistant will work to inventory, organize, file and distribute documentation and publications generated by The Rooms Art Gallery Division. The student will review and create updated procedures for our catalogue exchange program, distribute free catalogues to the provincial school and library systems, and digitize publications and other Art Gallery related content for upload to The Rooms website. They will also be responsible for other administrative tasks as required (such as photocopying, filing, or mail outs).
Candidates should be enrolled in a post-secondary degree program in administration, information management, museum studies, art history, curatorial studies, library studies, or fine art. They should possess good oral and written communication, organizational, computer and time management skills and be detailed oriented, illustrated by previous training or work experience. They should be willing to speak with strangers (our clients) and be able to act professionally at all times with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships while working independently and in a team environment.
Experience with data entry, information management, research and digitization would be considered an asset.
The candidate must fulfill the requirements of the Young Canada Works program:
- Are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible).
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Will be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
- Are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment.
- Will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) during the Young Canada Works (YCW) work assignment.
- Have been a full-time high school, college, CEGEP or university student (as defined by their educational institution) in the semester preceding the YCW work assignment.
- Intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW work assignment.
The Rooms is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Resumes are due by April 16th, 2023. To submit your resume, create a YCW account, upload your resume and/or cover letter, and indicate your interest in this position directly on the YCW portal.