The Women’s Centre is a safe and respectful space where all self-identified women can connect with one another, access support and services, and work together to create positive change for women and the community.
We are committed to promoting women's equality and well-being. We do so by raising awareness, educating, advocating and collaborating with government and non-government organizations.
With support from the Victoria Faulkner Women's Centre (VFWC) team, the Summer Recreation Coordinator will take the lead role in planning and implementing the VFWC Moms & Kids Summer Recreation Program. This Program is an activity-based initiative for mothers and their children, aged 0 – 8 years. The program runs one day per week and includes crafts, special guest presenters, outdoor activities, healthy lunches, and more. This position will also assist in other special projects at VFWC according to skills, interests, and as time allows.
Approximately 30% of the time will be dedicated to program delivery, 30% to program development (planning, promoting, reporting), 30% of the time will be dedicated to other special projects, and 10% of the time will be dedicated to assisting with drop-in services at the Women’s Centre as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Undergraduate training in Women’s Studies, Social Work, Education, or similar experience
• Experience with program coordination and management
• Experience developing, updating, and understanding operational budgets and financial statements
• Experience coordinating a team
• Must have strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and deal effectively with multiple distractions
• Must be able to work in a cross cultural and cross income level environment
• Aptitude for maintaining accurate and detailed records
• Aptitude for working with people
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Ability to plan and participate in recreational activities for moms and kids
• Ability to demonstrate a non-judgmental and empathetic attitude towards women
• Knowledge of the social issues facing Yukon women
• Must not hold another full-time (30+ hours) summer job during the placement.
• Must hold a current Standard First Aid/CPR Certificate.
• Must pass a security clearance requirement.
• Must identify as a woman.
• Must be a post-secondary student, aged 16-30, planning to return to school in the fall.
• Must be bilingual (French/English)
• Driver’s license is preferable
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
Please apply by emailing your Resume and Cover letter to Executivedirector@vfwomenscentre.com by May 30, 2021.