THIRD SHIFT is a contemporary arts festival presented by Third Space, a not-for-profit artist-run centre in Saint John, New Brunswick, that includes temporary installations, interventions, performances, projections, and events. The festival spans four days in August and includes a public art exhibition throughout Uptown Saint John as well as a variety of presentations and workshops in-person (where possible) and online.
The THIRD SHIFT Digital Media Associate will be the main support for the digital needs of the festival. The Executive Director will defer to the Digital Media Associate on all matters related to web development, video streaming, and digital accessibility measures. The purpose of this position is to help Third Space better support artists working in digital media and to help our festival be as accessible as possible in the digital sphere.
The Digital Media Associate can work remotely.
The tasks will include but will not be limited to:
- Updating and maintaining the THIRD SHIFT Wordpress website
- Working with artists to find the best way to present their artwork on our website and beyond (i.e. helping them choose between Livestream platforms, video hosting sites, and video conferencing software).
- Researching and implementing digital accessibilty measures where possible, including closed captioning, ASL interpretation, and/or translation software
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Their capability as an independent worker
- Experience with WordPress websites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of a variety of live streaming and video sharing platforms
- Knowledge of the Saint John community and contemporary art is an asset