Job Title : Tour Guide/ Program assistant
Location: Green Park Shipbuilding Museum and Historic Yeo House, Port Hill PEI
Wage: $14.00/hr plus 4% vp = $14.56 (37.5 hours a week) days and weekend days
Up to 15 weeks employment
Start date: May 31, 2021 End date August 28, 2021
Students may be eligible for employment if they:
are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible);
• are legally entitled to work in Canada;
• will be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
• will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) during the Young Canada Works (YCW) work assignment;
• have been a full-time high school, college, CEGEP or university student (as defined by their educational institution) in the semester preceding the YCW work assignment; and
• intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW work assignment.
The successful candidate must be an outgoing, positive and a history background individual that will assist with guided tours of the Museum and Historic Yeo House interpreting the vast history of the shipbuilding era in the area and related activities that reflect the daily happenings of the prominent shipbuilder, owner James Yeo and his family. The student will develop basic skills of artifact preservation and educate the public and community on Shipbuilding history meanwhile dressing in period costume. The candidate will also assist in planning all activities and events throughout the summer.
Applicants can apply through the Young Canada Works website
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.