Brantford Public Library is seeking someone who is inquisitive, a critical thinker, and ready for a challenge! BPL staff are passionate about their community and strive to exceed each customer's expectations. In order to do this more effectively, the Library is working on internal processes.
The File Management Project Intern will have the opportunity to learn about, assess and improve file management systems and processes at BPL. The intern will work with staff from different departments to understand the needs of the organization and come up with and implement recommendations that will have a lasting impact.
- Review project goals and objectives and work with BPL staff
- Asses existing file management systems and processes
- Recommend solutions to problems relating to file management
- Participate in daily meetings with staff and supervisor
- Gather information and report on file management standards and regulations
- Solicit and review feedback from staff
- Develop action plan to improve file management at BPL
- Develop training for staff
- Intermediate computer skills
- Experience working in an office setting
- Experience working with large amounts of information
- Master's education in Information Management, Records Management, or Administration preferred. Will consider other fields of study.
- Communications skills
- Organizational skills
- Planning and organization
Brantford Public Library is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.